In the true spirit of the guiding principle of Arya Samaj "Service to Mankind is Service to God", members of ASGH congregation embrace opportunities for community service with enthusiasm and energy.
ASGH offers monetary and volunteer support whenever and wherever required by the community for worthy causes or during times of need. We made contribution of $22,000 for Gujarat Earthquake victims, $80,000 for construction of Jeevan Prabhat Pondicherry, $10,000 for families affected by September 11 tragedy in New York, $2,000 towards installation of Mahatma Gandhi’s Statue in Hermann Park, $2000 for Interfaith Fund raising Gala every year. DAV Sanskriti School children conduct Readathon program and raise about $15,000 for the maintenance funds for Jeevan Prabhat Pondicherry children every year and conduct car wash program for local charities.
We also provide a platform and an audience to those with a message that is consistent with the principles of Arya Samaj by inviting guest speakers of different hues, co-hosting events with other organizations and making announcements of upcoming events at other locations and associations.
Presenting a check for
Panel of Doctors for Healthy Heart Seminar
Listed below are some of the regular services being provided at present:
- Sunday Satsang open to all (no membership required) 10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon.
- Yoga & Pranayama based on Swami Ram Dev ji’s teaching every Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 to 9:30 AM
- Adult Classes in Sanskrit and Upanishads every Tuesday.
The following services are provided as need basis:
- Seminar and lectures on health related issues by renowned authorities both in Allopathic and Ayurveda.
- Seminars and lectures and discussions related to scriptures by well know authorities from India and abroad.
- We provide our facilities free of charge for community issues like US census training etc.
- ASGH facilities are available for use as shelters for natural calamities like Hurricane.
- Blood donation drives with Gulf Coast Blood Bank
- Sponsor activities of Pantanjli Yog Peeth, Bharat Swabhiman and Mahatma Gandhi Library
- Raise funds for ongoing charitable projects like Jeevan Prabhat in India
- Make people aware of the need to support local community charitable projects like Food Bank and Meals on Wheels including raising funds and collecting food to support these charitable causes.
- Raise Funds for natural disasters like earthquake in Haiti, Gujarat, India, tsunami in Tamilnadu, India, Hurricane Harvey in Houston and surroundimg areas etc..